Tony Myers is a retired Sergeant from the Ohio State Highway Patrol with over 27 years of Law Enforcement Experience. His Law Enforcement career began while attending the Sandusky Police Academy in September 1987 and upon receiving his Ohio Peace Officers’ Training Academy (OPOTA) Certification in January 1988. From 1988 until 1990 he performed Road Division Duties as an Erie County Deputy Sheriff, which included crash investigation.
In 1990, he was hired by the Ohio State Highway Patrol and attended training at the Ohio State Patrol Academy receiving his Governor’s Certification as an Ohio State Trooper. In 1992 he was elected by his peers as the Milan Post Trooper of the Year upon which he was elected by District Staff as District Trooper of the Year. Upon commencement and assignment he received the following post graduate training:
• 1996 Technical Crash Investigation, Ohio State Highway Patrol
• 2003 Forensic Mapping Specialist, Michael J. Capman, Mapscenes
• 2004 Traffic Crash Reconstruction, Institute of Police Technology and Management (IPTM) University of North Florida
• 2005 Inspection and Investigation of Commercial Vehicle Crashes, IPTM, University of North Florida
• 2007 Motorcycle Crash Investigation, Ohio State Highway Patrol
• 2007 Crash Data Retrieval System (CDR) System Technician, CDR Crash Data Retrieval
• 2015 Grade Crossing Collision Investigation, Norfolk & Southern Operation Lifesaver
Tony possesses additional knowledge and experience valuable in the field of crash reconstruction when dealing with human factors. As a certified OPOTA Police Instructor, he has received specialized training through National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) as an Apprehension, Detection and Prosecution of Impaired Drivers (ADAP) Instructor and Electronic Speed Measuring Devices (ESMD) Instructor and has been tasked as the Regional ADAP and Regional Crash Instructor for the Ohio State Highway Patrol. His experience includes the dosing of practical drinkers for proposed legislation, ushering in the .08% per se legal limit. In addition, he was tasked with multiple speaking engagements on the multi-wheel farm tractor legislation.
You can contact Mr. Myers directly at TMyers@introtechcrash.com or at 440-926-2627.